Some of you may recall the adventure that Kevin and I took to Washington. We had a lot of fun posting pictures of all the things that happened during that trip. Going along with the "adventure" theme....we have decided to keep a blog of our adventures from here on out....

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good Morning All....

Kevin got little or no sleep last night....lot's of pain....and we just found out that his blood levels are down (Iron) to a 6.2....so now he needs a blood transfusion.  So, he will get 2 units of blood now and they have 2 more on reserve.  Unfortunately, it is from a blood bank and not a family member.....but we have been assured that this is a safe procedure.  We are still hopeful that he will be going home tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest....but only time will tell. 

I can only imagine what Kevin is going through and I certainly can't speak for him....but for me...this is an agonizing process of not know what is happening....I am scared, tired, missing my children more than anyone can imagine and I am wishing we could all go home and that someone could just make this all go away.....I try not to think about why this is happening....but I guess that is just human nature.  I find it funny that we are laughing together one minute and crying the next.....our emotions are all over the place (as to be expected). 

One of the hardest things is how Kevin is sometimes treated by some of the nurses.....he told me at 2:00 in the morning that he wanted to wear a hat that said, "My name is Kevin and I am a PERSON"......I do have to remind myself that nurses are human and sometimes it is just as difficult for them to treat a sick patient, especially one with CANCER, as it is to be the patient.....I think sometimes for them...they don't know what to say...and the only thing they can do it treat the patient....and NOT let their emotions get to them....having said that....I just wish they would take a deep breath and understand that Kevin is a person....do not belittle him or talk down to him.....at some point we will share why we feel this way and more of our experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment